Location: LaPorte Department: Sales
The primary purpose of this role is to establish and maintain all quality system/standard requirements necessary to participate in the cut part business in the Aerospace industry. This includes, but is not limited to, Nadcap AC7116/4, GE-108, P&W 119-1 and RRP 55000. This role will also develop and maintain tolerance capabilities on all precision cutting equipment at the Service Center and monitor equipment performance to these capabilities. Additionally, this role will assist in customer quotation, part drawings/evaluation, nesting for cutting equipment and troubleshooting in support of the cut parts initiative. Finally, this role will participate in additional quality system improvement projects, as well as, customer self release programs as directed. All activities will be performed following established corporate policy, procedure and guidelines.
Role Qualifications: (Required) & (Preferred)
Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) or related Technology field; Certified Quality Engineer (R)
Five (5) or more years of ISO/AS 9100 and/or equivalent aerospace/automotive, service center or related industrial manufacturing/quality systems experience(R); Two (2) years of management/supervisory experience(P).
Areas of Knowledge:
ISO/AS 9100, Aerospace quality standards (Nadcap, Pratt &Whitney, GE, Rolls Royce, FAI, FMEA and all other applicable), CAD system and application knowledge, Industrial Equipment, primarily laser, waterjet, shear; Calibration and Measuring instrumentation; Lean Mfg, Six Sigma, SPC; Metallurgy/Metals Manufacturing; All applicable Haynes SOPs (specifically Domestic Service Center Capabilities, Midwest Service Center, Product Manufacturing Capabilities); All Service Center specific Haynes QCIs applicable to the role (00067, 00223, 00401, 00425, 05150, 05151, 05152, 05153, 05180) and general Quality System QCIs related to the role (R).
Written and Oral communication, organization, advanced computer, problem solving, analytical, leadership/management (R).
Global Accountabilities for the Role:
1. Safety/Environmental: Goal of zero recordable accidents. Wear required PPE at all times and participate in safety program.
2. Quality: Zero NCRs or RMNs for areas of accountability. All activities will be performed following established corporate policy, procedure and guidelines.
3. Productivity: Take appropriate steps so that established project accountabilities are met. Continuously seek to improve the order fulfillment process by increasing the efficiency and streamlining all activities associated with the process.
4. Cost/Stewardship: Monitor budgetary activities to maintain annual expeditures within approved budget.
5. Communication: Monitor, document, and report status on all established projects.
6. Cross-functional Relations: Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. Effectively work and communicate with others outside of the MWSC in support of Mfg, Sales and Marketing operational plans.
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
1. Obtain/maintain required accreditations & approvals to allow the MWSC to participate in selected cut parts programs. This includes, but is not limited to, Nadcap AC7116/4, GE-108, P&W 119-1 and RRP 55000, as well as, ISO and AS Standards.
2. Develop and maintain tolerance capabilities on all precision cutting equipment at the Service Center and monitor/report equipment performance to these capabilities.
3. Primary accountability for customer quotation, part drawings/evaluation and troubleshooting in support of the cut parts initiative. Secondary accountability for nesting orders for cutting equipment
4. Accountability for responding to NCRs and processing quality related RMNs for material generated from SC.
5. Participate in customer self release programs and/or customer specific quality verification, as directed.
6. Develop operating parameters for Virtek, Time Saver and Precision Measuring Table. Train all required personnel on their operation.
7. Monitor all measuring equipment with regards to calibration schedule and performance.
8. Review findings and/or participate in the inspection of all RMNs; offer corrective/preventative action where applicable.
9. Regularly review and maintain Service Center SOPs to ensure they comply with all applicable internal and external requirements.
10.Monitor and document material placed at inspection/hold area; participate in disposition of said material and maintain a log of these activities. Perform a quarterly review of the log and offer suggestions for preventative action.
11.Conduct quality related training of MWSC personnel.
Working Relationships: (Roles/Titles)
1. Manager-once-Removed: Director of Service Center Distribution
2. Manager: Superintendent, MWSC
3. Direct Reports: none
4. Colleagues: MWSC personnel
5. Key Cross-functional Relationships: Sales & Marketing, Kokomo Mfg/Quality Engineering