Location: Kokomo, IN Department: Finance
The purpose of the Internal Audit Analyst is to assist in the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Internal Audit process. The role will support the process of updating, creating and developing the Internal Audit program at Haynes. This will include the Internal Audit programs for domestic and foreign operations, including all existing and new service centers.
Role Qualifications: (Required & Preferred)
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (R) - CPA or CIA (P);
3-5 years’ audit experience (R); Experience in public accounting and the manufacturing industry (R); Experience in excess of 5 years (P)
Areas of Knowledge:
Hands -on knowledge of internal controls and internal auditing. Strong knowledge of auditing Information Systems very beneficial. Specialized skills and knowledge in Accounting and Information Technology field and knowledge with GAAP as well as PCAOB and COSO assertions.
Detail oriented, communication skills (both written and verbal), analytical abilities, highly organized, auditor mentality, mitigate risk and enhance business process, enhanced audit reporting and resources, expand information technology audit function, integrate internal audit activities with managements strategic plan, promote quality process.
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
1. Ensuring adequate internal controls are in place and functioning properly. Developing new internal controls to enhance accuracy of financial reporting and safeguarding the Company assets
2. Assisting with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 testing process for financial and Information technology key controls
3. Interface with functional departments (Finance, Information Technology, Sales, Shipping, Purchasing, etc.) to ensure internal controls are in place and functioning
4. Perform internal control audits at all Haynes locations including foreign operations
5. Review procedures and process flow of financial related activities to enhance efficiency and quality
6. Promote the understanding and use of sound business practices
7. Special financial analysis projects as assigned
8. Gather, analyze and present information related to allegations of individual fiscal misconduct
9. Counsel and educate staff regarding internal controls
10. Promote the understanding and use of sound business practices
11. Educate in fraud deterrence