Location: Kokomo, IN Department: Skilled Trades
Must be 18 years old and possess a high school diploma/GED
Possess a bona fide Journeyman Certificate in the Craft or documentation substantiating at least 8 years of related experience in the Craft.
Basic qualifications are:
Punctual and regular attendance, successful completion of writing sample, ability to perform the essential job functions (as listed below), ability to perform he essential physical requirements of the position (as listed below).
Essential Job Functions:
1. Working from work orders, verbal instructions, complex blueprints, schematics, plans, and sketches, will lay out, install, test, troubleshoot, inspect and/or repair a wide variety of complicated instruments and electronic equipment.
2. Designs and/or fabricates and assembles apparatus and equipment, or adapts electrical or electrical devices for special applications, determines proper sizing and selections of materials and equipment.
3. Assists, directs, and trains the apprentice in the Instrument classification.
4. Operates various material handling equipment such as floor controlled or overhead cranes, prime movers, work savers, fork lift trucks and Man lifts in performance of work incidental to the craft.
5. Calibrate various instruments and complete records.
6. Conduct Furnace temperature surveys.
7. Fabricate, calibrate, and keep records on thermocouples.
8. Repair printed circuit boards
9. Repair AF and RF control circuits and systems such as radio controlled cranes and furnace doors.
10. Troubleshooting, repair, and adjusting of Combustion Electronic Controls and Combustion Systems.
11. Maintain TV and interplant communication systems.